The majority of the American population owns a pet. While most of these pets do not hurt others, animal bites or attacks are a common occurrence that result in serious injuries. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 4.7 million animal bites cases are reported every year. Since most of us own a dog as a pet, dog are the most common types of attacks.
If you were bitten or attacked by a dog, you should immediately consult with an experienced dog bite attorney in Los Angeles, as you may have legal recourse against the animal’s owner for your physical and emotional injuries. At the Nourmand Law Firm, we take animal bite cases seriously. We use all the resources we have to ensure that you get the full extent of the compensation that you deserve. Our attorneys have years of experience successfully handling animal bite cases.Important Steps to Take After Being Attacked or Bitten by an Animal
The steps you take after an animal or dog attack can impact the extent of your recovery and your legal rights. The following are some of most important the steps you need to take after a dog or animal attack:
- Get immediate medical treatment. This is important because failing to seek treatment could increase the possibility of infection, scarring and other serious medical complications. A claw scratch alone can have devastating consequences.
- Find out who owns or controls the animal that bit or attacked you. Make sure this person is aware that their animal is dangerous and should be quarantined.
- Report the incident to Los Angeles animal control agents.
- Collect evidence in the form of photos of your injuries and the place where the attack happened.
- Contact a reputable attorney who specifically handles these types of case.
The legal team at the Nourmand Law Firm will work hard to get you the medical treatment that you need. We have the resources and experience to hold the negligent owners responsible for the injuries their animal has caused you and your loved ones.Damages Available To Animal Bite Victims
In order to recover the full extent of the damages you are entitled to after being attacked by an animal, it is imperative that you are represented by an aggressive Los Angeles dog bite lawyer. The common damages available to dog bite victims include:
- Past, present and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of wages
- Lifestyle changes
- Reduced earning capacity
- Out of pocket expenses related to the incident
- Punitive damages
At the Nourmand Law Firm, we have successfully handled thousands of animal bite and attack cases for our clients. Our legal team is aggressive in ensuring that you get the justice and the compensation that you deserve. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our lawyers, please call us at (310) 553-3600 or contact us online. Get the help you need today.