Los Angeles Class Action Attorney
The Los Angeles class action attorneys at the Nourmand Law Firm are committed to obtaining justice for both individuals and groups who have been injured or wronged by large corporations, banks and employers. If you or someone you know believes that you qualify as a member of a pending class action or have been wronged by a large company, contact our offices for a free consultation.
What Is a Class Action?
A class action lawsuit is a type of legal action where the claims and rights of a group of individuals are decided in a single case. One or a few specific individuals are named in the suit to assert the rights of the entire class. A class action lawsuit allows the claims or injuries of a large group of individuals to be determined in one case without the need of each individual filing their own separate claim.
In addition to a class action allowing for a single claim to assert the rights of many, it also allows for individuals to stand up against powerful industries worldwide and hold them responsible for their hurtful and wrongful actions. The bottom line is that class action lawsuits are an integral part of fairness. Our legal team is dedicated to obtain the fairness that you deserve.
Common Types of Class Actions
There are many types of class actions, including those that involve labor and employment matters, wage issues, unfair business practices, and false advertising. The most common types of class action lawsuits include:
- Consumer class actions– Such cases usually involve false labeling or advertising and unfair business practices. These lawsuits often occur as a result of companies deceiving consumers about product safety or efficiency.
- Employee class actions– In these types of cases, former employees or employees of a company bring claims against their employer for unpaid overtime compensation or inadequate rest breaks and meals.
- Fraud class action– These cases are set up whenever a company inflates the prices of their products or engages in price-fixing and other anti-competition practices.
- Unlawful mortgage and lending class actions– These lawsuits are designed for borrowers who are targeted by predatory lenders who charge inflated interest rates for loans.
- Product liability or personal injury class action – These types of class action lawsuits are typically brought when a defective product harms a large group of people, such as a toxic spill or the harmful side effects of a drug.
At the Nourmand Law Firm, our attorneys have an excellent reputation of aggressively fighting for individuals who have been injured by big companies. We make it our goal to fight for your right.
Experienced Class Action Attorneys
If you are in a group or believe you belong in a group that has been treated unlawfully by a large corporation, insurance company, bank or any other company, you need the help of an experienced attorney who specifically handles class action lawsuits. The legal team at the Nourmand Law Firm can help you get the justice that you deserve.
Contact us at (310) 553-3600 to discuss a class action lawsuit.