Los Angeles Pesticide Poisoning Injury Attorney
Pesticides are often used for gardening, landscaping, agriculture, and also in products used inside of homes and businesses for various purposes. Pesticides are helpful for killing insects that can harm crops, humans and buildings. However, every year, food products that are contaminated by harmful pesticides make their way to markets where they have the potential of harming unsuspecting victims. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has enacted stringent controls and safety precaution to reduce the number of needless injuries and deaths that occur each year.
If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured due to pesticide exposure, you should immediately consult with an experienced attorney as you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries. The attorneys at the Nourmand Law Firm have the knowledge and resources to help you obtain the full extent of the money damages that you deserve.
There are various types of pesticides that can cause serious harm if people are exposed to them. A list of some of the common types of pesticides includes:
- Herbicides – used to control harmful plants in gardens
- Insecticides – used to control insects
- Nematicides – used to control roundworms
- Fungicides – used to control fungi
- Rodenticides – used to control rodents, such as mice
Exposure to any of these pesticides, including others, can result in serious injuries. There are three major ways you can get exposed to pesticides:
- Food – Traceable amounts of pesticides, which are used on crops, can end up in the food we consume.
- Water – Runoff from pesticide use can contaminate ground water and other bodies of water, which can ultimately end up in the water we drink.
- Air – Pesticides that are sprayed even in places far away can be carried in air currents, commonly referred to as pesticide drift.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Pesticide Exposure Injuries
Since we cannot see “pesticides” with the naked eye and may not even know that we have been exposed to them, it is hard to detect most resulting injuries. If you or a loved one suspects of having been exposed to harmful pesticides and suffer any of the signs and symptoms listed below, you should immediately seek medical attention:
- Redness, swelling, or blistering of the skin
- Stinging or swelling of the eyes, mouth and nose
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea and vomiting
The legal team at the Nourmand Law Firm has the necessary experience and knowledge in dealing with pesticide injury cases. We will take the time to research the specific facts of your case to determine whether you or your loved one has been exposed to harmful pesticides and whether you are entitled to compensation.
Personal Injury Attorneys With A Track Record
If you have been injured by the use of a pesticide, you should seek the help of an attorney as you may be entitled to compensation. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call the Nourmand Law Firm at (310) 553-3600 or contact us online.