A toxic tort refers to a personal injury claim involving injuries caused by harmful chemicals, such as air and water contamination. The parties responsible for such injuries are generally the manufacturer or supplier of the toxic product.
If you or someone you love was injured or died as a result of a toxic chemical, you should consult with an attorney. The Los Angeles toxic torts attorneys at the Nourmand Law Firm have the experience, knowledge and resources to aggressively represent both injured victims and family members of victims who have died as a result of toxic chemicals. We are dedicated to holding the right parties liable for your injuries and helping you obtain the full extent of the money damages that you deserve.Common Injuries From Exposure to Toxic Chemicals
Exposure to toxic chemicals can result in serious and life-impacting consequences, including:
- Birth defects
- Various types of cancer, such as lymphoma and leukemia
- Injury or disease to bodily systems, such as the central nervous system
- Disease to major organs, including the brain and lungs
Any of these types of injuries can significantly alter all aspects of a victim’s life and the lives of his or her loved ones. These injuries will need extensive and expensive medical treatment that can seriously impact the victims’ finances. Although filing a personal injury claim and holding the responsible parties accountable will not undue the harm caused, it will help you obtain the financial help you need to get the necessary medical treatment that you deserve.Types of Toxic Torts
Toxic torts can apply to a variety of chemical substances. Toxic torts typically arise from harm caused by any of the following:
- Occupational exposure – refers to any chemical injuries that occur in the victim’s place of employment. A common substance involved in occupational toxic torts includes asbestos.
- Pharmaceutical drugs – refers to a victim getting injured after consuming unsafe pharmaceutical drugs.
- Consumer products – refers to any product, often found in common house-hold products, that injures the consumer.
- Environmental exposure – refers to injuries suffered by individuals after exposure to toxins present in the air or drinking water in a specific area.
Toxic torts cases often involve an entire community, involving thousands of individuals, who have been injured through exposure to a particular toxic substance. These victims can suffer serious injuries as well as serious financial problems.You Can Count On Us
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in an exposure to the effects of toxic chemicals by a public or private entity, the experienced Los Angeles toxic torts injury attorneys at the Nourmand Law Firm can help you better understand your legal rights and options. We are dedicated to protecting your legal rights and ensuring that you are on the right road to recovery.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our experienced attorneys, please call us at (310) 553-3600 or contact us online.